Sunday, January 14, 2018

Why?

I love to travel, but like others, finances keep me from doing it often. Driving around and finding those small town hideaways is just fun for me. I can drive for hours listening to the radio and clearing my mind. It's a getaway for me. Currently, I live in Carmine, TX pop. 250. I consider us a part of Round Top pop. 90, but if you say that to a born and raised local they would disagree. Round Top/Carmine plays host to Texas Antique Week twice a year. This is a huge event that brings 100,000 people to our small towns. It's busy, hectic, and a lot of fun. There is so much to do, but as a local, we tend to try and stay away from all the action. Round Top is home to former Texas Governor Rick Perry, The Junk Gypsy's, and many other popular artists and dealers. Round Top and Carmine tend to stay separate from each other, or that's how it appears. Round Top wants to be up and coming and a popular destination, while Carmine seems to want to stay more quiet and peaceful. I think that's why I wanted to start this blog. I want to show others that there is more to a small town than the celebrities and famous restaurant. I want to go where the locals go. I want to show you what the locals do. I want your day trip to be packed full of activities that are for tourist and locals. This is my Why. To show that there is more to these small towns than what meets the eye. Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment